Saturday, March 17, 2012

So What?

Everyone keeps telling me, "enjoy life while you're young, because when you get older it just gets harder." Well OK, I see two truths in that statement.
Number One: yea, you're right, I do need to enjoy the simplicity of life while I'm young. Youth is a blessing.
Number Two: life does get harder the older you get. Bill's will be addressed in your name instead of your parents, that alone is life getting harder. But you know what the most important truth there is that everyone forgets to mention? Enjoy your life while you're old, cause who the heck wants to stop having a good time?! Why just because you have a few more loops and turns in the road are you supposed to stop enjoying the scenery? Well I'll tell you what. I'm not buyin it. So what you have more bills to pay, better find an extra thing to laugh at that day. Alright fine, you don't have the body you use to. Hit up the gym with the hubbie! I'm sure you'll both get a good laugh watching each other attempt to bench press the bar. So work was awful that day, and you had to put in some extra hours for not enough pay. Kiss your wife until you forget what made you so angry. You can't afford to go out anymore? Well guess what, neither can the rest of America, so turn off the lights, save some energy, and eat dinner by the candle light then play a game of cards with a wager that no one can fulfill.
For all you old and weary souls reading this thinking to yourself, she has no idea what she's talking about, it can't be that simple. Well you are probably right. I more than likely have no earthly idea what I am talking about. But guess what? I rarely do, and every time I have been warned of a difficult time ahead before, I came out with a smile on my face anyways. I refuse to let a stereotype dictate me and my happiness. God has given me so much, and I decided a long time ago that I was going to use every bit of this life I can to its fullest with a smile on my face until I have perminate wrinkles to go with it.
Your life is as beautiful, as simple, and as enjoyable as you want it to be. If the only things we can take from this life are knowledge, memories and relationships, then we better learn to build our relationships and create loving memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment