Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Have I Told You Lately

You use to force me to play barbies with you. If I ever got in trouble growing up....it was because of you. Sometimes we would spend all day making a new an improved version of Star Wars. Other days we would make our own music video's. You never walked out of the house with a hair out of place, and every now and then you would pitty me and my crazy hair and you would take the time to do mine. You would ask mom if we could go to church early so I could listen to you play piano, I would listen to you play for hours if I could. You introduced me to a whole new world of music, and knew better than I did what kind of movies I would like. Every now and then we would yell at each other until someone started crying, and then other times we would yell at whoever, or whatever it was that made the other one cry. We spent countless nights hiding in one of our closets, whether it was the only safe place to tell a good secret, or one of us just had one of those days and the only thing that could make it better were tears, and a sister in the closet. Its crazy to think about how old we are now. You're married to an amazing man, I'm about to go to college. So much has changed. We started off as Brianna and Sara. Slowly we've morphed into Bri Smith, and states away, Sara Cross. There are some things that haven't changed though. You are my safe zone Bri. You are my best friend. You are still the only one I would sit in a closet and cry with, I could still listen to you play for hours, you still know what kind of movies I like better than me, and you are still my sister. I am so proud of the person that you have become Bri. You know how to love more fully with every you have better than anyone I know. And I think you are finally starting to realize how truly amazing you are, which makes me so happy. You are so beautiful Bri, one day you will be able to think that on your own. I love you so much sister. Have I told you that lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment