Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Using Whats Left Better

"You can't make up time; you can only use whats left, better." -Oscar G. Darlington
Dear Oscar G. Darlington,
I don't really know who you are, or what exactly you did that made you famous enough for people to put quote marks around your profound words, but thank you! I love this quote! As of lately I've been finding myself doing more wishing than actual DOING. And you might not be surprised to hear that it's not really getting me anywhere! Why is this? Probably because I'm the only one who can change my thoughts, or turn them into actions! I've found that trying to control all the variables around me is tiring, and pointless. There's no point in trying to run in quicksand, I can barley run on regular ground! So instead of putting myself in dream situations and working up a sweat to stay in the same freaking place I've been for the past several months...I'm deciding to start running on ground where I can see myself passing objects! But here's the best part, thanks to my buddy Oscar, I have also come to the conclusion that it is no longer necessary for me to keep going back and looking in the quicksand for all the time that I've "wasted" . No. I may not be able to "make up time" but you can bet your mothers sweet apple pie I will use whats left better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment