Sunday, April 24, 2011

He Lives, So I Stand All Amazed

"I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me. I tremble to know that for me he was crucified, that for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.

Easter is a time of gratitude. Nothing changes on this day. We receive no special, glorious gift on this day, nor do we have some kind of elite ceremony. The miracle of the atonement is something we have at all times due to our loving Savior. So what is this day for? Sometimes as humans I think we need a quick swift kick in the pants to remember. Let us all take this one amazing day and devote it to thanking our Savior, Lord and King in any and every way we can. Let us never take what he endured for granted. He did it because He loves us, "that for me, a sinner, he suffered he bled and died." He Lives. He lives for us, and He died for us. So let us live for Him, and when we die, let us die to return to Him.

1 comment: