Thursday, September 29, 2011

Some of Life's Great Wonders...Just make me Wonder

I enjoy running. Sometimes I have to tell myself enjoy running mainly due to the fact that I couldn't stand how tight my pants had fit that day and the thought of running is more of what i enjoy, but either way; running, or what occasionally looks more like a fast past shuffle, is something I do on a regular basis. Today was more of a fast past shuffle kind of day, so I decided to find a place where the passing cars couldn't laugh at the pained expression on my face as I tried sucking in air. On days like these I find refuge in the local public middle track. On my way driving to this track I was attempting to find a song on my ipod to give me the adrenaline I knew I would need as soon as my feet hit the gravel, especially after the dinner I just partook of, little did I know, I was about to see something truly majestic and what turned to be into thought provoking. As I made my way down to the track slowly, anticipating the on coming stomach crap I looked up from my ipod and that's when I saw it. One of life's great wonders. The sky was draped in a kind of black silk that was slowly crawling across the atmosphere, a kind of deadly peaceful thing to see. Undeniably beautiful in any case, but slightly threatening. The threat I was feeling was probably due to the fact that I live in San Antonio and have almost forgotten the smell of rain sense the all consuming drought hit us. However, I continued to gaze up at the sky in wonder....as I wondered. My life sometimes feels like these weather patterns that Texas has adopted. At times I feel as if I'm going through a bit of a drought. Maybe it's with a certain friend that I'm missing, or a feeling I haven't been able to feel, or that feeling of pure anticipation to see him...Sometimes these things just aren't there. But then, just when I start to think this drought will never end, a sky like this shows up, with the promise of something beautiful, different, with the mystery of turning into slightly threatening, but non the less a cleansing from the sun and cracking dirt I've been getting use to.

No comments:

Post a Comment